Pages List

17 March 2013

Cor! What a whopper!

Have you ever heard of the term 'extreme knitting' ?


Well it involves the use of knitting needles the thickness of broom handles and loads of yarn all knitted together.

It isnt the practice of knitting in the most precarious place you can find as my husband would have you believe it is!  He may be a plonkka but he is MY plonkka!

Rachel Johns seems to be at forefront of this type of knitting and is launching her new website. So if this type of knitting appeals, as it does to me, its worth keeping an eye on her site......




Trust the Americans to go one better though...



Dave Cole  is certainly worth a look. He has created sculptures out of extreme knitting and even knitted a 'lead' teddy bear!!!


Anyway anything knitting can do crochet can do too!
I have purchased an extreme crochet hook to go with my extreme knitting needles and I cant  help it it just makes me smile ...


Just fab! As soon as I have been creative I will post the results..good or bad! At the moment I am knitting a footballer so am being very strict about not getting side tracked BUT it doesn't stop me looking and smiling at my giant crochet hook...

who ever said bigger isn't better had never seen extreme knitting and crochet!!

Keep smiling and creating it makes the world a better place to be....
Ps have just found this great blog hop handmade monday
Have a look

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cayte, your new crochet hook is awesome! I love the mushroom like cap. I'm excited to see what project you will make. Happy crocheting!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your messages so thanks for taking the time...

What do you think?

HTML Comment Box is loading comments...
< !-- end htmlcommentbox.com -->